Recipe | Freshly Squeezed Lemonade
Whilst I was in Dubai I got a real taste for lemonade. Not the fizzy, gassy kind, but the fresh, zingy type! There was just something about the bittersweet, refreshing taste that left me wanting more. When I thought about it, making fresh lemonade didn’t require any complex ingredients, nor would it take much time to make. So I decided to give it a go myself.
After putting on a few pounds over the course of my holiday, the thought of adding a couple of cups of sugar made me feel a little guilty, so I decided to find a healthy alternative. After having a look online, I noticed that a few people substituted the sugar for honey to make the drink a little healthier without altering the taste too much. Here’s how I made mine:
– 8 cups of water
– The juice of 6 lemons
– 1/2 cup of honey
– A shed load of ice!
– Lemon slices to garnish (optional)
1. Add the honey to a pan of warm water and stir until dissolved
2. Take the juice from your lemons and add it to your honey and water mixture – add more honey to sweeten further if necessary
3. Place in the fridge to cool for 15-30 mins
4. Pour into a glass of ice garnished with a lemon slice and enjoy! Simple eh?!
What do you think of freshly squeezed lemonade? Do you have any variations of the recipe?