Recipe | Surprise Puddings – Halloween Special
So Halloween is almost upon us and the chill in the air is starting to freak me out a little. This year I seem to be more excited for Halloween than usual, I’m not sure why; maybe it’s because it’s the first one in my own house? (I’m not sure if that’s a good or bad thing?!). Anyway, I’ve been listening to Monster Mash and Thriller, been to pick out my pumpkin to carve and I even attempted a Halloween themed dessert.
If I’m being completely honest, this is just a recipe to make a jam sponge cake that I’m attempting (and failing) to pull off as a spooky pudding with a bloody surprise. Anyway, this recipe it super easy and went down a treat with my boyfriend so that’s a win-win, right?
– 100g caster sugar
– 100g self raising flour
– 100g margarine
– 2 medium eggs
– A dash a vanilla essence
– Strawberry jam
1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees and lightly oil your ramekin dishes (or get your cupcake cases ready if you prefer a smaller portion)
2. I’m lazy so I opt for the all in one method. Combine together your sugar, margarine, flour, eggs and essence. Mix well until smooth.
3. Fill your ramekin/cupcake cases half full with cake mixture then add a dollop (about half a teaspoon to cupcake cases and a heaped teaspoon for a ramekin). Try not to go crazy with the jam otherwise it will sink to the bottom.
4. Top up your ramekin/cupcake cases with the remaining cake mix, leaving space for the cakes to rise.
5. Place in the over and cook for about 30-40 minutes if cooking in ramekin dishes or 12-15 minutes if you are using cupcake cases.