Lifestyle | A Fortnight in Photos #3
March is always a hectic month for me and this year it was busier than ever! I tried my best to keep up with my blogging along the way but I fell behind and haven’t been able to post as regularly as I’d have liked but what can you do? I haven’t done one of these posts for a while so I thought now would be a good time to share what I’ve been up to with you all – hope you enjoy it!
1. I’ve been baking – a lot! For my best friends’ birthdays I decided to bake them a cake each (you can read more about them in a post here). In addition to these I’ve been making easter cornflake cakes, butterfly cakes and lemon drizzle cakes. It’s safe to say my love for baking is back with vengeance!
2. For Mother’s Day I went round to my mam’s with my nana and sister-in-law where we enjoyed a lovely buffet style lunch. It was really nice to spend some time with them as we don’t get together very often. I bought my mam these lovely dyed lillies which I’m so in love with!
3. March also saw the launch of Psyche’s new eCommerce website. The award winning fashion store held a launch party at their department store on Linthorpe Road which was brilliant. Read more about that here.
4. For one of my friend’s birthdays, we stayed in a wigwam near Whitby for the weekend which was great. The weather was fairly nice for March so it made sence to have a lemon top and chips as we wandered around the sea front. My dad’s birthday was the same weekend too.
5. My first blog competition came to an end and it was really successful! It felt great to give something back to the readers of my blog and I hope to run more in the future. Thanks for entering!
6. I discovered that sticky toffee pudding is my new favourite dessert. Lucky for me, one of my old colleagues made me a huge tray bake of the stuff with homemade toffee sauce as a leaving gift which was incredible!
7. I finally bit the bullet and quit my old job. With no room for progression and a few other issues, I felt it was time to move on and see what else was out there for me. I’m already missing my old team but I know it was the right decision.
8. Barker and Stonehoue opened their new flag-ship store in Teesside and baking guru, Mary Berry, was the special guest who cut cake to celebrate the opening of the new shop. You can read more about this here.
9. For my other friends birthday we celebrated by going to see Jimmy Carr live at the Town Hall in Middlesbrough. We had front row seats so we got picked on a few times but he was brilliant.
What have you been up to lately? Do you have an exciting plans for April?