Food | Christmas Crispy Puds
It’s Christmas Eve guys! Can you believe it? I can’t believe how quickly it has come around this year. One of my favourite ways to get in the jolly spirit of Christmas is to get in the kitchen and whip up a batch of festive goodness. In today’s post I’ve got an easy recipe that I made over the weekend as a little treat for my friends; it’s a festive take on the classic rice krispy cake recipe. it’s simple yet effective and you could easily squeeze them in before Christmas Day. Enjoy!
- 100g Coco Pops (or Rice Krispies)
- 1 tbsp Golden Syrup
- 200g Galaxy chocolate (or any milk/dark chocolate of your choice)
- 50g Milky Bar (or any other white chocolate)
- 1 green icing pen & 1 red icing pen
- 24 Mini cupcakes cases
- Break your milk chocolate into pieces and place into a microwavable bowl. Melt the chocolate in the microwave, stirring every 20 seconds until completely melted.
- Gradually pour in your coco pops and stir them into your melted chocolate until fully coated. Stir in golden syrup to help combine the ingredients and make them stick together.
- Spoon the mixture into mini cupcake cases and set in the fridge for a couple of hours.
- Next, grab another microwavable bowl and break your white chocolate into pieces. Again, melt the chocolate in the microwave and stir every 20 seconds until completely melted.
- Using a tea spoon, scoop a spoonful of the white chocolate and pour directly on the top of the refrigerated cakes that you made earlier. Allow the chocolate to run down the sides – the messier the better.
- Place the crispy cakes back into the fridge and allow to set for another hour or so.
- Once hardened, remove the cakes from the fridge and use your coloured icing pens to draw holly on the top of each one.
Have you made any festive bakes this Christmas?